Fellowes Powershred W-11C 11 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder (3103201)-fellowes powershred

fellowes powershred
fellowes powershred
The innovative Fellowes W-11C with a safety interlock switch allows for safe and efficient shredding. If the lid of the machine is lifted, it stops automatically. Designed for light duty shredding in the home or home office, the Fellowes Powershred W-11C reduces documents to 5/32″ x 2″ higher-security confetti particles, and shreds up to 11 sheets per pass. Equipped with a 9″ wide paper entry, the W-11C easily accepts standard letter or legal size documents. The durable steel cutters also accept

Price: $ 124.98 / $ 65.84




11 sheet cross cut shredder reduces documents to 5/32′ x 1 3/8′ higher-security confetti particlesShreds credit cards, staples, and paperMedium duty shredder for home and small office use, 880 sheets in 5 minutesPatented safety interlock switch instantly stops shredder when unit is lifted off wastebasketEquipped with a 9′ wide paper entry

fellowes powershred

3 comments - What do you think?

--> 3 Responses to “”KJ "Kevin" says:January 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm 973 of 978 people found the following review helpful 4.0 out of 5 stars
Trial by fire – it passes with flying colors, March 6, 2010By KJ “Kevin” (Indianapolis, IN USA) –

This review is from: Fellowes Powershred W-11C 11 Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder (3103201) (Office Product)

I bought the Fellowes w-11c yesterday on sale at a local store. I was trying to decide between it and another Fellowes “small business” class shredder that was on sale for $160, three times the price of the w-11c. I’ve replaced enough shredders that I figured it would probably save money in the long run to get a top-of-the-line shredder and pay out the $160 instead of replacing the shoddy ones as they break down.

I just couldn’t bring myself to spend $160 on a shredder, though. As much as logic and reason said it was the right thing to do, I couldn’t make myself do it. Instead, I bought the w-11c, in part based on the decent reviews I’ve seen on here. I don’t run a home business, I just have lots of junk mail, canceled checks, and other personal documents I’d rather not leave in the trash for thieves to steal. That junk mail and those papers have been accumulating for 6 months, going in a big “shred it when you get a new shredder box.”

Well, today was this thing’s trial by fire. I emptied the box into the shredder and I was RELENTLESS. Unopened credit card offers, old bank statements, several checkbook pads for an account I no longer have, and more. I pushed the thing to its limit. It definitely handles the advertised “11 sheet” capacity, though it does so with some protest and a very noticeable slowing of the shred speed. It gets through it, though, and it’s none the worse for wear. Today alone, I had to empty the bin 9 times… and its still running great! The construction is solid, safety features are great (the additional child safety lock on the top is really secure and impossible to override), and this thing can take whatever you throw at it, within reason.

All in all, I’m very happy I saved $110 and went with the w-11c instead of the business-class unit. If you shred perhaps 2 to 10 things per day, this is the ideal unit for you (especially if you don’t like having to open junk mail envelopes before shredding ‘em!)